From:
Brian Millham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 17:16:00 -0500
 >From: Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
 >Subject: Issue frequency
 >Date: Wed Mar  9 09:56:25 EST 1994
 >
 >FML issues are getting rather large.  Would it help people
 >if the digest operated more frequently?  Ie: two or three
 >issues per day instead of one?

That would be nice for me.  I use MSMail, and it doesn't like big messages.

Re: Ferrets snoring
I've heard mine snore on occasion.  I don't know who though.

New Introductions:
 It's been a while since I've written to the FML, so I figure that I
should introduce the new members of my family

     About 4 months ago, the people who live across the street
moved, and couldn't take their ferret to their new house, so I adopted
him.  His name is Bandit, a neutered male, about 4-5 lbs. (yes, he is
fat. Someone recently mentioned that when their ferret flattens himself
on the floor (I call it pouting) that he looks like a speed bump.  I'm
going to shamelessly steal that description for Bandit)  Bandits
introduction
to Kitty and Ferrah went very smoothly, but he had been over to play
before.  Bandit refuses any kind of human food (he's the pickiest eater,
and he is the fattest.), and loves chasing the cats.  It's hilarious to
watch
him waddling in hot pursuit after a cat.  He also is very vocal when
chasing a cat.

     3 weeks ago, someone that I work with asked me if I could
take his daughters ferret.  She is getting ready to go to collage, and
others in the family are allergic to him, so they were worried that
he would be lonely without anyone around.  They brought him down
to play with my ferrets, and I was amazed at how easy-going my
gang were towards Jake.  They decided that Jake was happy
enough; there was a VERY tearful parting (she has had Jake since
he was a 8 week old kit.  He's 3 1/2 years now)  Jakes first act was
to get into Ferrah's toy stash, and take them.  Ferrah amazed me by
letting him take them, but she got even by stealing Jake's toys.
What surprised me the most was that there was never any fighting
between Jake and the others.  I figured that they would try and
put him in his place, but it never happened.  I suspect that it has
to do with Jake's having a bath before coming down.  No scent,
No attack?  Jake, like Bandit, won't touch human food (except beer)
and chasing cats is #1 on his list of things to do.  BTW, until I got him,
he had only seen 1 other ferret, and had never seen a cat.  His
best Cat Attack(tm) so far was when he leapt off the back of the couch
onto a cat.  It ended with one cat streaking through the house, and
one Emensely Pleased With Himself ferret bouncing and dorking
around. (Fletch, the cat, got even later.  He attacked from the bed
when Jake couldn't see him.  That ended with one cat streaking
through the house, and one Emensely Pleased With Himself ferret...

     That's enough for now.

Brian, Kitty, Ferrah, Bandit, Jake, Fletch and Buddy