From:
Ferrets-N-Limbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:17:03 -0800
I wrote these for our holiday cards for all of our volunteers.  I'd like
to dedicate them to all the volunteers out there and everywhere.  In most
cases, volunteers are what really keeps a shelter going and keep shelter
moms and dads from collapsing in complete exhaustion!  LOL You are all so
special, no matter what it is you do or how much you do, every action,
every minute, every word of encouragement makes the long road just a
little less lonely and a little more easy to travel.  Thanks to ALL of
you!!

Very committed and
Overly dedicated to
Loving and caring for all of  our
Unwanted critters.
Never complaining and always
Trying to spoil those cast  aside.
Enduring in harsh times of  overcrowding; giving
Endless hours to our cause.
Rising to the task of playing  parents to our orphans.
-M.A. 12/01

Alone a shelter can not be
To right all the wrongs,
To love all the unloved.
To answer the call of  please love me.
Supplies to buy, laundry to do,
Baths to give, litter pans to change,
Nails to clip, ears to clean,
Love to give, and playtime too.
The calls continue, (will we ever win?)
The stress is high;
The emotional toll is great.
But the unseen soldiers do not give in.
These soldiers, these volunteers, are the key.
They keep us going, cheer us on;
The hours they give are priceless
Their commitment clear to see.
They laugh with us and hold us when we cry
They are our foundation and our strength
They show us how to continue on
When the worst is at hand- they continue to try.
It is to these volunteers that I say thank you.
Knowing that we need you every day,
All you do, all you say,
Knowing that we are not alone means all the world.
So thank you for who you are, thank you for all you do.

                                               -MA 12/01

Thanks again!!

Michelle Alverson
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.