From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 08:20:10 -0700
Hi Folks!

Ok, I'm really going to try to do weekly updates on the current ads on
the Lost Ferrets website.  I've tried to do weekly's before, but they
always peter off as I get a lull in activity on the site, and then I have
to kick myself in the pants to pick it up again.

Anyway, for those of you new members who may not have really heard much
about Lost Ferrets before, it is a website dedicated to helping reunite
people with their lost fuzzies.  You can place lost or found ads via a
simple form, read current listings, read helpful articles about what to do
when a fuzzy goes missing, and browse the Lost Ferrets Network, a network
of shelters and concerned individuals across the United States who have
agreed to help out in recovery efforts.  If you would like to join the
network, another simple form allows you to do so.

A project I've had in the works for a while now is an online-generated
"Missing" poster, but I haven't been satisfied with any of my working
models thus far.  I promise, this will be available on the website SOON!

Meanwhile, since my last post, we have added three more ads!  (All ads on
the site are no older than one month)

Still lost are Annabelle, Los Angeles, CA, Indy, Amhurst, OH, and Yankee,
Hot Springs, AZ.

New lost ads are:
- Chester, a male sable lost in Gallup, NM on May 3rd.
- Jerret, a light sable male lost in Berkley Township, NJ on May 2nd.

One of our "found" ads has been removed, as that ferret turned out to be
an escaped "dumpee" from a vet clinic near where she was found, and has
been placed in a good home.

However, a new found ad has been placed.  Yolanda in Granite City, IL
requires a call with description for proof of ownership on the ferret
she found on May 4th.

The complete ads, including all contact information, for all these ferrets
can be read at:
http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets/list.html

While you are there, feel free to browse around, and don't hesitate to
make comments to me if you see anything wrong with the website or possible
improvements which could be made.  However, if you see broken picture
links, please don't email a complaint.  All my picture links are good,
but geocities misplaces them on occasion.  Please try refreshing the page
a couple times before reporting any broken picture links.

Thanks all,

Melissa Kuzara (formerly Barnes)
Mira, Tasha, Robin, Nietzsche, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Cael and Booboo always