From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:51:59 +0000
Hi, there!  I just thought I'd send along a cute story.

Marmette got her first bath Friday....and a second bath Sunday!!

Her introduction to water was a great success.  She LOVED it.  She went went
diving for the drain several times, attacked the drip from the fawcett,
backstroke, butterfly....she just loved it, dooking and giggling the whole
time!  She wasn't too thrilled about the shampoo at first but she loved the
scrubbing.  I rinsed her and refilled the tub with clean water and just let
her play for awhile.

Her second bath was because Daddy didn't follow the house rules of making
sure all food was out of reach!!!  I was out of town all weekend but my
in-laws came up to Columbus on Saturday to bring a crate of peaches from
their trip down south.  When I got home Sunday evening, no one was around.
Marmette was so excited to see me that I didn't bother taking my overnight
upstairs before I let her out.  She tackled me a couple times to say hello
then went off on her own.  I took my bag upstairs then went into the kitchen
to unload/load the dishwasher.  I had taken her bell collar off on Friday
for her bath and hadn't put it back on her so I couldn't hear her but I
figured she was just behind the furniture, destroying it, like usual.  About
15-20 minutes later, I was curious as to why I hadn't heard any of her toys
rattling and went into the living room to see what was going on.  What I
found was hysterical.  There was the crate of peaches (why they were in the
living room, I will never know!) with a ferret tail sticking out of the
middle, wagging!!!  I was trying to be stern when I said "MARMETTE!" but it
was ineffective since I could barely get it out through my laughing.  She
came up from the crate, smiling, and took off running.  She was so slippery
from peach juice that I could barely keep a grip on her!  I went upstairs,
filled the tub and dropped her in.  And off she went again, training for her
water ballet competition.

She ate through almost 3 peaches and took bites out of 7 others.  I threw
them away, bagged the rest of them and hid them in the kitchen and waited,
foot tapping, for my husband to come home.  One good thing, though.  I
finally found a fruit she likes.  I believe I own the only ferret that
doesn't like raisins and bananas!

Then, the little darling got revenge on her poor, devoted mother!  I had
finally found the right size shark for my Parrothead outfit (Buffett RULES!)
and had it on the kitchen table.  I wanted to get Marmette into the carnival
mood and wrapped a couple leis around her neck for pictures.  She HATED
them.  She was SO angry with me for making her look so ridiculous and taking
pictures.  So, when I wasn't around, she climbed on the table, grabbed my
shark and hid it.  This shark is almost 4 times her size!  10 minutes before
leaving for the show, I was still looking for it!  I finally found it shoved
under the firewood container.  I swear I heard her laughing as I ran out the
door.  Little brat.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the stories.  She's been such a joy.

Dooks to all and kisses to your fuzzies,
Rachel (Fins to the left!  Fins to the right!  Wait....where's my
        shark?)
Marmette (Ma, that shark shouldn't be on your head!  And take those stupid
          flower things off.  You look dumber than I did!  MA!  Not a grass
          skirt!  You're EMBARRASSING me!)

Rachel Bray
The Ohio State University
Treasurer's Office