From:
Marc & Lorraine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:57:57 -0500
>Q:"Do you know of any [Native American] names for the ferret? or any
>   really cool names?"
>A: Cool, like Ice, Snowball, Frosty, Cool Hand Dook, or Mr. Freeze?

My older male has a cool name in Inuktitut (i.e. eskimo): Qannik or snow in
English.  I found it in a print dictionary.  One of my female a silver
mitt, Mukluk, has a native name for boots that was adopted by the English
and French languages.

>[Moderator's note: And let's not forget Bob Church's list of nicknames and
>translations, still available from the FML server as FERRET NICKNAME.  BIG]

My web page has the Ferret Nicknames, compiled by Bob Church:
http://www.storm.ca/~ferret/bchurch1.shtml

Lorraine Tremblay & Marc Lavergne
Webmistress of Mustela Canada
Webmestre de Mustela Francia