From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 09:00:02 -0500
Hi everybody.  I'm new to the FML and have been an observer for the
past couple of weeks.  This is a great place to be if you love ferrets
and I want to thank Bill Gruber and CUNY for all their help.

To Matt and Patti Racicot:

If your ferrets appear to be getting along okay when you're home and
they're up, there shouldn't be any problem if you cage them together
when you're gone.  There is no set time frame.  Some ferrets will be
great buddies right from the first minute, others will need a couple
of days, others a couple of weeks, months, - some, never.  It really
depends of the 2 ferrets involved.  It sounds as though they are getting
along quite well at this point.  What you might want to do is put them
together in a cage while you're home and see how they react.  If after
an hour, they are just cuddling and sleeping, then you shouldn't be
worried about when you're not home;  if they fight and squabble, then
spit them up and try it again in a few days.

To Julie Dwyer:

Ferrets like going in corners.  If they pick a corner you don't want
them to use, change the structure of the corner - in other words, make
it not be a corner.  Put a box there, or a table; anything to change the
shape so it is no longer "corner-appealing."

There is a new video out "Ferrets Unmasked" that I had the opportunity
to review recently.  It is a great video!  It covers everything from
housebreaking, to ferret-proofing, housing, diet, health, the law, and
breeding.  It was put together by STAR* Ferrets, AFA, LIFE, and FURO, along
with the assistance of Dr. Bruce Williams and several other noted
veterinarians.  I recommend it highly.

It can be purchased through most ferret clubs; if you don't have one in
your area, you can contact AFA, STAR* Ferrets, LIFE, FURO, and if all
fails, ME!

For the love of ferrets,

Debbie Riccio
President, WNYFLFA