From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 09:52:21 -0500
Hi all.

Just thought I'd let people know that there are , obviously, cases where
the vaccines are given together and do not cause a reaction.  When I
recently took Nibbles to the vet for a cough, I figured that if there was
no blockage and if it wouldn't react with anything else she might be
given for her cold, that it would be convenient for the vet to give her
the last of her distemper shots and her rabies booster.  This happened
around the time that people were talking on the FML about these vaccines
causing a reaction when given together.  I didn't get a chance to discuss
it with my vet, but I watched Nibbles carefully after bringing her home.
She didn't have a reaction, for which I was glad.  Someone reported that
the percentage of reactions was small.  I guess Nibbles is in the
percentage of "no reaction."  Just thought I'd mention it.  While it
would be safer to space the vaccines apart, as stated, the odds are good
that a ferret would not have an adverse reaction to the vaccines given at
the same time.  Not _great_, but good.

Jim and Nibbles (Currently working on her own sig and pissed at me for
owning a 386.)