From:
Nigel Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:30:57 -0400
One of our guys is a "Real Canadian Ferret".  He's just hit 3 years ow
and has had no major health problems ... yet.  We'll have to wait and see
on that.  One thing about Phreddie is he is long and very slender - what
we think people are talking about when they say a whippet body type as
opposed the the heavier type.  Although he looks to be a reasonable size,
he weighs very little (which concerned us quite a bit when he was young).
It's almost as if he has hollow bones like a bird.

He's a DEW.  He once had a fully silver tail and a beautiful silver stripe
from his shoulders on down to his bum.  First coat change, there went the
stripe and his tail is only 2/3 silver now.  Caveat emptor!  He had a
fabulous temperament until we brought in three new ferts (the two that are
older than Phred are dealing with multiple health problems and we thought
it best to try to introduce him to new companions before the originals
went).  I won't say it was a mistake but it sure has taken some work and we
are grateful the explosions only occur every couple of days now.  With us
two legged critters, he remains the same sweet little beggar - begs to go
out for his evening walk (even learned how to open the hall closet door in
the last month or so - to give us a hint, I imagine - "Hey, folks, get your
shoes on and let's go!!").  Hope some of this helps!

Bonnie & Nigel
Poppy, Ziggy & Phreddie
and Roxie, Rosie, and George