From:
Jason and Holly Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:09:23 -0500
>>there was a 4 year old male laying in a glass enclosure (it wasn't an
>>aquarium but it's close enough i guess) on wood shavings.  he just looked
>>so sad.  i wasn't sure if he was sick or if he was just depressed

>From: Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
>could someone please post an update if and when this little guy gets
>adopted so we know what happened to him?

just wanted to let you know that i've heard from two people, one who told
me that if the ferret doesn't have his shots we could possibly get him for
free (basically blackmail, because it's illegal to sell a ferret over 12
weeks of age without a rabies vaccination--so we could say "you can hand
over the ferret to us, or we can contact the dept. of agriculture." to the
pet store owner.), and another person offered to send up the $75 for us
to go get him.  however, i've talked to my husband and we can't take the
ferret in....there are numerous reasons why (for example, our ferrets are 3
y/o and i'm not sure adding a 4 y/o to the bunch is such a good idea--seems
to me like we might have tons of vet bills that would break us in the
future.  plus i'm not sure how well the ferrets would get along and i'd
hate to bring him home only to find out they hate each other and i'd have
to find him a new home).  i really wish we could, but i don't even think
we could get away with housing him with us for a week.  we just got our
ferrets wrote into the lease and i'd hate to jeopardize our apartment.  but
my point in writing the FML was to see if there was somebody out there that
could give him a home...one where he'd be able to spend the rest of his
years at.  i'll let you know if we find anything else out about him...

thanx,