Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:15:43 -0800
Mr. Kenny Mayne reports on 11.13.08., Subject: Big Ferret Factoid:
Longevity as follows:

70 percent of ferrets live at least 1 year, whereas only 1 percent
survive the ninth year.

Question is: how many of the 1 percent that survive the ninth year
live on until some or many years thereafter?

My friend by name of Harold and who lives with many ferrets over the
years and who is now located in Kent/Auburn Washington State claims
the following:

His ferret named Sniffer lived for 17.6 years. Another ferret, named
Whinerbaby of the Georgie-Porgie line made it to 15.8 years. Two
Brazilian ferrets lived to the age of 26 years, this longevity verified
by a licensed veterinarian, says Harold.

It may be noted that none of the longer lived ferrets were neutered,
spayed, nor descented.

One cannot but wonder how long a neutered/spayed human being could live
compared to an intact man. For example, these guys that were neutered
as little boys and whose job it was to guard the harem females from
illicit pregnancy, (eunuchs) do they demonstrate a castrated life span,
such as the neutered, descented ferrets? Also, has anyone considered
the life length of the classical, operatic castrati, these being
otherwise normal men who have been youthfully castrated in order to
sing in soprano registers?

Sing high but not long.

Edward Lipinski, aka Baron von Ferret, who says,

I know you believe you understood what you think I wrote, however I'm
not sure you realize that what I think you read is not what I meant.