From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 01:10:11 -0400
People who have been here a long time will recall some other boxers,
so you don't have the first, Patrick, but they are pretty rare.

Long ago we had an alpha ferret named Fritter and if she was annoyed by
any of the others she would sit right up on her haunches, ball one hand
into a little ferret-style fist and bop them right on the nose. Pow!
Steve and I have no idea where that behavior came from. She came to us
at about 10 weeks of age and she had never been hit here, plus our
alpha before her, Haleakala was not a hitter. It was her own invention
but was not copied by any of the others.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html