Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 23:58:23 EST
Hey Amy,
Don't know if you are still in town or not.  Calvin and Gypsy got to sleep
together in the same cage last night and today and I was so excited.  There
was a bit of low key hissing but they seemed to be grooming each other and
slept side by inside the blankie.  Gypsy usually sleeps in her hammock but
decided to stay with my boy.  I AM SO EXCITED!  This is real PROGRESS.

Thanks so much for all the people on the FML who helped me out.  It just
took some patience and toughing it out for all of us.  I did end up
sleeping on the couch near their cage just to make sure everyone was calm
all night.  I'll tell you my simple little trick.  I waited till late and
they were both worn out.  I have been putting Calvin in Gypsy's cage alone
and getting him used to it.  I put a cherio in the cage for Calvin.  After
a bit Gypsy came to check it out so I put a cherio in the cage for Gypsy.
I continued to give them each a cherio, the whole time they were side by
side and feeling good about it.  Next I shut the cage door and continued
with the Cherios for about 5 minutes.  Little overdose didn't hurt I guess.
When I stopped Gyspy went into her hammock.  There was a little hissing
when Calvin poked his head in.  He went to the bottom of they cage and got
under the blankie.  Pretty soon she came down and got under the blankie
too.  They were both nuzzling each other which I had never seen before.  It
was so cute.  It took about an hour before they were both sound asleep.  No
problems during the night at all.  This is great and those out there who
are struggling with new ferrets . . . take heart.

Eunice (Sunflower)
Calvin (I'll be nice if you let me be a little rough)
Gypsy ( I guess I'll let you slobber on me.  .  .  I kinda miss my old
friends at Flemming Farms)