From:
- Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:32:42 EDT
I have battled over the years for the life and health of the rescues I
have taken in.  I want to thank Zoo from Zoos Sanctuary for the hours
on the phone she has spent with me trying to do the best for my
ferrets...and now trying to keep my cat alive until the vet is back
Tuesday.

And yes...I went to emergency with my shy princess.  She was horribly
abused, and cannot stand to be around other people.  I did not want to
keep her at the vets to stress her out.  Nor did I have the $1000 on top
of the $478.  I had already paid the vets yesterday.

Thank you so much Zoo.  She is on top of a bookcase cleaning herself
right now...though she has not eaten on her own yet..I got meds and
Pepsid and Pred and a few syringes of baby food in her.I will get more
down her if she looks like she can take it.  She has kept everything
down so far!!.

Thank you for your comfort and help when Lovely suddenly had a tumor
burst through literally a day after seeing the vet who could find nothing
wrong.  There was blood everywhere when I woke up.  I was a mess.
Despite 60 some ferrets at the sanctuary, you took time to help me and
console me.

On a deeply sad note...

The crocidile man from Australia...Steve Irwin...is dead.  He was
stung by a sting ray in the heart while filming.  He was a major
conservationist who risked his life over and over again to help all of
us look at reptiles and all creatures with respect and awe.  I am torn
apart at his death.  It is a great loss for all living beings.

I mourn the loss of a brave and compassionate man ...someone who was able
to make a huge difference in our perceptions of Gods living creations.  I
cannot believe he is gone.  I just cannot..