From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:24:17 -0500
A question and request from all.  I recieved a phone call last week about a
ferret in a local childrens museum that was not being treated well.  So I
went down to find a little ferret in a plexy glass type aquarium.  No one
there seemed to be the care taker of the ferret or even know why they had a
ferret on "display" ,dogs and cats were not on display so why ferrets??
They did have them right by the reptiles, bright.  I guess the lady who
cares for the ferret was not in.  I left information on ferret care and
talked to a gentleman about what they should be doing for the ferret and not
be doing.  The only thing they could say was, we are going to get it a
friend to make it happier.  Great two ferrets in an aquarium.  I asked that
the ferret be taken out of there and let us find it a good home, there is no
reason for a ferret there, they were not educating kids on ferrets it was
just there and no kids even seemed interested.

Does anyone have any idea who I would contact to fight to get the ferret out
of there, besides the museum, they do not care about the ferret.  I am sure
the museum is state run, so I am not sure where to begin.  I was thinking if
everyone on here could e-mail Sonia Peterson at the childrens museum and let
her know she is harming this ferret and it does not need to be there.  It is
not a reptile or a exotic pet, which I think they are trying to get people
to belive.  Maybe they will rethink this and not get another and turn the
ferret over to us, it needs veterinary care and a good new home.  Especially
the Vets,.  on line e-mail info. on the dangers of ferrets in aquariums.
Aquariums are for fish not ferrets.  Please everyone write to her at:
Please let me know if you write her and get a response.  We where real nice
to them there, but they really did not listen to us, and have not contacted
us further.  I am writing today!!  This ferret needs help now!!

Could we start a petion on line with ferret owners?  I am starting one here
with members , but the more people to want to save the ferret the better.
Any other ideas you have would be great.
Stephanie