From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:43:42 -0500
It is with a heavy heart that I let the rest of the ferret community know
that we have officially closed our doors.  All charges in our care have
been taken in by great forever homes and another local ferret shelter.
We have touched so many lives in the past four years and have made some
truly great, lifelong friends in the process.  However, with our careers
and, simply life, we just can no longer run the shelter the way we want
to and the way it needs to be.  We simply can no longer keep going the
way we have.  We have decided to quite before mass burn out hits and
before we have way to many ferrets for the community to absorb.

We want to thank each and everyone of you out there that has ever sent a
word of support or encouragement, who donated items for raffle, those who
bid on eBay items and on the raffles, those that were members and paid
their yearly dies, and everyone else behind the scenes that lent their
support in various ways.  We never could have gone so long or cared for
so many ferrets without all of your support.

Although our hearts are heavy and the house is eerily quite without
the pitter patter of multiple paws, we know we have once again put the
ferrets' interest first and done what was best for them.  On a personal
level, I will continue to stay involved with the community by donating
and helping out wherever we can.  Once things are totally wrapped up, we
will be sending our funds to SOS to assist other shelters that may need
assistance.  We also have an access of bedding and various supplies, so
if there are shelters in needs of bedding, please let me know as we will
be putting together boxes and shipping them out.

Thank you again to everyone for your support and generosity throughout
the years.  Please feel free to pass this message on to whatever ferret
board may be interested.

Dooks to you all!!

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.