From:
Jeff Finazzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 10:10:21 -0500
Our little girl (Nikita) loves to dig carpeting around doors, also.  We
tried Bitter Apple for a while, but she doesn't get put off by it.
Finally, we went out and bought a rubber-backed, tight-woven floor mat,
cut it to the width of the door and slid it halfway under the door.  She
still scratches, but now she's only tearing into the mat (which she has
yet to actually damage).

Jeff Finazzo

"And when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." -
Nietzsche