From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 17:31:52 -0500
Mason,

I haven't been able to confirm it, but I did hear that a bill to legalize
ferrets was introduced in MA, but when the bill came up for discussion, no
one showed up to speak for it and the bill was killed.  Comment was "I guess
no one is interested in it."

Joan and I have been looking for an activist in MA.  We'd love to help out
however we could.  Being residents of NH though, sort of limits us as to what
we can do.  If you and a group of ferret owners are willing to donate your
life (or at least a large percentage of your available time over the next
several years) count us in.   You already have the advantage of the Fish and
Game , and the Humane Societies willing to support you there.   We have been
working with the Fish and Game/Wildlife Dept. for the past year or so.  Your
Public Health Dept will be your bigges challenge.   All you need is an active
support group and a sponsor in the State House.   Sound like you may have the
latter already.

Joan and I operate The 4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter in Merrimack, NH.  Just
EMAIL me.

Dick B.