From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 17:08:54 EST
DATE:   2/29/96 4:51 PM

<A brief excerpt from the second PML.  To subscribe, just send us a nice
mail.  We love nice mail.>

Here it is!  The long awaited, second issue of the PML.  Well, I guess it's
actually the first issue of the 'new and improved' PML.  Odie has now joined
the Editorial Staff.  Welcome, Odie!

Tater and Odie are getting along wonderfully with each other.  They had to
go through that dominance thing yesterday, of course.  They each had to
spend some time out time in the critter carrier when things got a little out
of hand.  Tater, rightfully so, figured that he was the chief ferret since
he was here first.  To be honest, he hasn't laid eyes upon another fert
since my son rescued him from Pet Circus last summer.  In fact, I think his
first thought was that Odie was the strangest looking cat he had ever seen.
I had to stop him from posting an emergency appeal to the FLO.

After Tater had calmed down, Odie decided to let Tater know that he was
definitely not an FLO agent, was in fact, a fellow fert.  He was quick to
point out the fact that, even though he was smaller than Tater, he was older
and more experienced at this dominance thing.  After Odie spent a time out,
everything was lovely.  They joined together in dooking the 23rd Pslam:
"Yea, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear
no evil, for we are the baddest ferrets in the whole damn valley!" Brothers
forever!

They have been having a ball together ever since.  Tater even gave the top
floor of his condo (my underwear drawer in the dresser) to his new buddy.
Tater has taken up residence one flight down in my sock drawer.  I couldn't
find a single tee shirt in my tee shirt cubby this afternoon so I guess
Tater has redecorated his new digs.

They are just so cute when they play together.  Tater has never been much of
a talker.  Odie, on the other hand, has much to say.  It really is neat to
hear the sound of two ferrets dooking as they play and tussle with each
other.  Tater has found his voice!

Mee Maw and I weren't sure whether or not we would get any sleep last night.
The guys were really pretty good at first.  Tater crawled in first for his
nightly snuggle.  Then Odie climbed under the covers and gave Mee Maw a
couple of cold, wet noses in the nether regions.

We were awakened at 4:30AM when they both decided that it was playtime.
Having two ferts dancing and tussling on the bed makes it very difficult to
sleep until alarm-thirty.  Mee Maw and I both loved it.  Joy to the world!!

Guess I'll have to close, for now. Mee Maw just got home and we gots dual
ferrets to play with.

Until next time,

Paw Paw, Mee Maw, Tater and Odie. (Not to mention 9 very worried cat-type
critters. They don't know what to think 'bout all of this)