From:
angela wyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:30:13 PST
I don't want to start a rumor but I've read where several other ferret
owners are having the same symptoms as Roulette had, Diarrhea, not eating
or drinking.  At first I was thinking that maybe the new bag of Totally
Ferret Food(I ordered it from Jeffers) might be the culprit?  But my other
three ferrets are fine.  Maybe the flu that is going around humans is
affecting ferrets with diarrhea and lack of interest in food.

Roulette is much better now eating and gaining some weight back.  He
doesn't even hate me for forcing the food, water and nasty med on him.  In
fact yesterday he scratched at my pant leg until I picked him up.  I also
wanted to include my experience ordering from Jeffers on-line.  My order
came in 6 different shipments I had to call 3-4 times for missing items, My
30Lb bag of Totally ferret only had a five month expiration on it.  I never
received an apology or anything free, I was even over charged on everyone
of the sale items.  So, if Petco offered an apology I think that makes them
a great company.  Here in Rockford, Petco takes great care of their baby
ferrets.

Every once in a while I stop in for a baby fix.  But... my next ferret will
be another older one.

I wish you all well,
Angela