From:
"JEFF JOHNSTON, EPIDEMIOLOGY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:13:21 -0400
The Centers for Disease Control will be hosting the "7th annual
international meeting on research advances and rabies control in the
Americas." The meeting will be Dec.  9-13 in Atlanta and will include
sessions on basic science as well as public health responses to rabies with
workshops on diagnosis and surveillance using some of the latest technology.
I don't have an agenda of what topics will be discussed on specific days.

I think this may be an excellent sort of meeting to encourage the Suzanne
Jenkinses and Lee Hunters and other public health officials who think that
ferrets are vicious monsters born with rabies.  Encourage your state health
officials to attend.  For information on the meeting contact Dr. Charles
Rupprecht at CDC: fax--404-639-1058 (email: [log in to unmask]),
postal address: CDC, 1600 Clifton Rd., Mail Stop G33, Atlanta, GA 30333.