From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:09:40 EST
Dedicated to all those that moved to the Rainbow Bridge, and those that
love them.

It is said that every year on All Hallows Eve, strange things happen in
Ferret Hollow.  I, for one, never believed any of the unusual stories I
had heard, but this year I took a dare to go there on Halloween.  I
wanted to see what the old timers called the ghost dance.  Silly, I
know, but it was a double fuzzy dare.  I thought I'd be disproving all
those silly myths about that place.  Ten o'clock All Hallows Eve found
me sitting in a tree, in the middle of Ferret Hollow.  Hey, why take
chances?  I must admit that at first I was chuckling to myself, to be
doing something so ridiculous, but soon began to feel something strange
with an almost mystical feel to it.  I caught a glimpse out of the corner
of my eye of a fleeting shadow.  I passed it off as nerves and clouds
passing over the moon.  Then I could have sworn that I saw the shadows
begin to sway hypnotically in the silver moonlight.  I thought it must
be my imagination getting the better of me.  As I continued to stare
unbelievingly, I became more and more convinced that something was moving
down there.  It looked like many long slinky shapes dancing and cavorting
in the flickering shadows and the moaning wind.

Things began to coalesce, and I could clearly see what everyone had been
talking about for so long.  There was nothing to be afraid of here.
These were old and dear friends celebrating, as only they could, showing
great dexterity and grace of movement.  There was Jasmine over there,
twisting, as she jumped ever higher, and Lau Sue, just to the right
ducking under Buster and Cooper.  Then Valentine and Taz Man come into
view, doing a good impression of a pinball game.  They were followed by
Escher, Merrick, Mr.Tiff and Old Man, dancing up a storm.  In a shaft of
pale moonlight, I could swear I saw Chelsea, Elaine and Tasha dancing
together very ladylike, and they were interrupted by a wildly bouncing
Sno Prince and Mr.Ferret.  Along came a line of friends, moving to an
unheard rhythm.  Boris was in the lead followed by Peter, Pricilla,
Foxy and Dagwood.  Along came Little Miracle, White Russian, Slinky
and Linnie, and wasn't that Sipsina, Joe, Sashi and Critter there too.
Olive, Nancy, Elizabeth and Rose came running to join them, and crashed
through the line.  Well, that just started even more wild and crazy
antics.  There were so many.  I just watched in amazement as they danced
and twirled, like wind blown leaves, never colliding, unless there was a
special gleam in the eye of one.  It was a wondrous sight.

All to soon, I noticed there were fewer of them.  They were leaving the
hollow by ones and twos.  As much as I willed them to stay, they must
have needed to go.  They all looked happy, although some seemed like they
were missing something, and they peered around expectantly, and then
shrugging, left too.  Only one was left in the swirling mists of near
dawn, and I could swear she looked up at me and smiled.  As the first
rays of golden morning sun reached Ferret Hollow, she too seemed to
evaporate.

I'll never forget that magical night.  I was allowed to view an event few
humans ever see, and for that I am grateful.  All the warm fuzzies I felt
that night will be with me for a lifetime.  What an enchanting experience
to carry in my heart, and help me to remember I have my friends with me
always.  Watch the shadows in the pale moonlight on All Hallows Eve, and
I know you too will see your friends dancing and gamboling, and being
eternally fuzzy.

Sandy and the Dook City Gang
Tempus Fuzzit
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=kathouze