From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:22:30 -0500
Hey, folks, just a reminder that it doesn't take much time every once in a
while to *really* spoil your ferrets.  Not just treats or kisses - here's my
example:

I recently put up a huuuge pillowcase hammock in Noodle/Friday/Easel's cage,
and while they liked it, they liked it even more if there were tons of
towels scattered across it.  I went out and bought fake sheep's fleece at
the fabric store and sewed it onto the pillowcase, and the ferrets were
BLISSED.  Noodle hopped into it, sniffed it a bit, and then spprraaaawwwled
out on his back and just stared at me happily.  Normally at least one ferret
sleeps in the small polar fleece hammock (sometimes two) and the others
sleep in the big hammock, but all three have been stretching and rolling and
snoozing on the woolly hammock since i put it in.  :) It took me about 20
minutes - pinning, cutting, sewing, and cleaning up - to get the hammock put
together.  Simple!

If you don't have a sewing machine, go to the store & buy the fabric - one
half-yard of woolly stuff, one half-yard of denim or something durable - and
a package of installable eyelets.  Cut the fabrics in squares to match, put
them together, and punch small holes with scissors in each corner and
install an eyelet (you need a hammer for this) in each corner.  Voila - a
fuzzy hammock for one or two fuzzies.  You really want the strength of a
sewn hammock for more than one or two small ferrets, though.

Next sewing project: cat carrier hammock.  I usually use a towel, but since
we've got to use the carrier for cats as well i need something easily
removeable.  :)

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters