From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 09:04:56 EST
Kelly White wrote:
>I've talked to several people who are reluctant to deal with people
>under, say 25, when they are interested in getting a ferret

Remember age and maturity are two very different things.  Caring for others
well, pets included, takes maturity and has nothing to do with age.  We all
know of examples of "children" who are more mature then some "adults" we
know.  ;)

Winter Coats:
Do other people have ferrets who are getting wooly and fat yet?  Our oldest,
Squirt, after *completely* blowing his coat is getting very fat and very
fluffy.  (Squirt had adrenal surgery in August and a few weeks after the
surgery he lost all his fur save his head and legs.) The other three seem to
be behind him quite a bit in the winter fat/coat race.  So far, the kids in
general haven't put on as much fur and fat as they had done so at this time
last year.  We haven't yet turned on the heat so our munchkins get lots of
natural heat and light variances.  Perhaps our winter is going to be a bit
later or milder than last year.  ;)

-kim, squirt (the floofy fert), pippi (thief and sock-assassin
 extraordinaire), atlas (stomp-stomp-gallop-gallump-thunder-thunder-crash!),
 and hijinx (so just when are you going to turn on the heat anyways?)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.