Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 03:57:19 -0400
Wow, I for one am GLAD you brought up this topic. I really enjoy
talking about hearing - and the lack thereof. I NEVER saw it get
ugly, but I did see a lot of conversation and it was the type of
thing we SHOULD be discussing. I am doing my dissertation on hearing
and vocalizations in ferrets.

As I watch them and consider all there is they do inexplicably, I am
convinced that we have not only deaf ferrets out there, but hearing
impaired ferrets. Although we know that they hear us, their hearing is
not limited to the same range we hear. Have you ever noticed that your
ferrets will seem to do stuff that requires communication and you KNOW
they never made a sound? They were all just suddenly doing different
things and it had ONE goal. And, they all worked together as a TEAM to
get it done!

Several excellent discussions have evolved from this. And, you opened
up the door for me to talk about Rocky again. Wolfy does have some of
the sleeping pics on her sites. And, she was just WAITING patiently
(surprise, surprise) to post that picture that she and Nancy Propper
created again! What she didn't tell you as she was discussing mental
retardation (so politically incorrect now - oh, well), is that I have
been known to fall asleep mid-sentence. And, I pull off the road for 15
minute power naps. And, that I do all this frequently enough to know
that my sleep cycle is 46-48 minutes. AND, that we are good friends
and good friends know that we can talk about things and even disagree
and we will STILL be friends.

So, please, do not think too hard about posting (like BIG said). You
started something good.

--
renee :)
Catch me at the Breeders' Forum!