From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:04:13 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled couch divers...

Linda Doran wrote:
>Don't get me wrong -- Marshall Farms' ferret food is a reputable product.
>So are many others.  Does MF really expect me to believe that feeding a
>ferret from MF another brand of quality ferret food is going to be more
>likely to make the ferret sick?

Actually, I don't think you realized something here.  It isn't that they
have a problem with those that feed *quality* food to their ferrets.  Its
that they are afraid that people will feed strange things to their ferrets
(I've heard of people trying to feed them carrots!!!  I've also heard of
them feeding fruit, cheap cat food, Kix cereal, low-grade dog food and one
kid that was feeding his ferret Skittles candy--exclusively!).  Since they
can't name all of the things that people might try to feed a ferret, it
would appear that they just took an expedient short-cut and stated that you
should feed your ferret a diet consisting of Marshall Farms food.  This
way, they can be assured that the ferret was not subject to all sorts of
strange products that *COULD* cause sickness and death.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://users.success.net/toddl/