From:
Leanne O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 21:10:11 -0400
Hi All:
Thanks to those who wrote to express their concern and anger over the
little girl ferret who was thrown from a car.  Unfortunately, she passed
away this afternoon in our shelter Mom's arms.  At least she wasn't
alone, and didn't die on the side of a road.  That's the only good I can
see out of this atrocity.  Apprently, she was close to death before being
tossed from the car (advanced lymphoma) so there was nothing medically we
could do to give her more time or save her.  Another unfortunate thing
was that the woman who witnessed this horrible act of cruelty was so
startled that she that she didn't get the license plate.  She did go pick
up the ferret which was a good thing.  I take a samll amount comfort in
my belief that people get what they deserve in the end.  Use your anger
as motivation to make a positive difference in whatever way you can
because there's a lot of cruelty in this world.  Take care everyone and
thanks for caring.

Leanne O'Neil
Volunteer, Gimmee Shelter