From:
Diane Dederick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:48:48 EDT
I also got an email from him, more than likely harvested through the FML.
I wasn't particularly offended since it WAS ferret related, but one thing
DID disturb me, though, and that was that he took the code from Celia's
ferret cam page and put her cam on his own site.  Why bother going to
Celia's site when he's featuring her cam also?  I haven't personally spoken
to Celia because I'm here in Florida, but I have to wonder whether she gave
him permission.  I can see her giving permission for a link, but cannot
imagine her giving permission to put the whole cam on the page.  In fact,
it seems that it's the main feature of the page.  That's Not Right!  But,
in retrospect, we can't really do much about the spam now that it's already
sent.  I hope Celia catches this posting and straightens him out, though.
It IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!  Seems to be several instances of that around
here lately.  I know that for the most part, the regulars in this group are
savvy to copyright infringement and don't step on eachother's toes.  But
this is the second time I've heard about someone stealing someone elses
ferret work this month, and about the third time I've heard about
harvesting email addys from the FML this year.