From:
Rich & Mary Jo Dullum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:23:10 -0700
Sandee,

For the fourth time in four months I've had to say goodbye to one of my
little babies.  Bilbo, my little "obnoxious one" left me about 4:15 a.m.
Friday.  It has hurt so much that I haven't been able to post to you,
Sandee.  Some little ones we expect to leave, but I really didn't think he
was that sick, even though he was going to the vet that day just to make
sure.  About 9 p.m.  the night before I knew he wasn't going to make it.
So I held him and loved him all night so he wouldn't think he was alone.

A year ago he traveled 8 hours to meet Dr. Weiss and get his adrenals
cryoed, and he came out of that so wonderful.  He'd been dooking and
having a great time this whole past year.  His brother died just two
months before him filled with cancer, I think Bilbo really missed him.
Some of the others accepted him, but they just weren't buddy-buddy.

Bilbo got ECE and he was being treated for it.  I don't know if that is
what got him, or if maybe his cancer had spread unknowingly, or if he fell
in one of his adventures and hurt himself.  We'll never know now, but
Sandee, if you would tell him how sorry I am that I didn't help him and
how much his mom and dad miss him, we would sure appreciate it.

He loved to harrass the girls, so tell them to go easy on him for a while.
Cleo, Caesar, & Tasha may not be thrilled to see him, but he was just a
fun loving little boy.  He knew Phantom, but has never met the rest, but
I think after teasing them a bit, he might really like them all.

Tell him we miss him so very much and wish he had stayed around longer.
My mom died a month ago and he was one of her favorites, I think they
wanted to be together.

Bilbo, my little obnoxious one, we will miss you and all your antics here,
don't get into too much trouble up at the Bridge.  Leave any toothbrushes
you find alone and don't knock everything off the shelves, dressers and
tables.  Be good and wait for us!  We love you.

mjo, rich  & the zoo, Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Frito, Pepper, Sassy,
Frosty, Sabrina, Sassy Too and the dogs Garth & Darwin  (R.I.P. Nipper,
Lightning, EZ, Cleo, Phantom, Caesar, Frodo, Bilbo, Tasha  & Duke)