From:
Ronald Rosson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:44:15 -0500
Hello list,

Recently my AC went out.  We went and bought some fans because being in New
Orleans it can get up to 95 degrees in the house without AC.  All the rooms
without powerful cieling fans got a fan.  I gave up my fan so that Peede
could have his own fan.  I read somewhere that ferrets cannot sweat and
regulate their body temp and that if they are in a place that is over 80
degrees for longer than 30 minutes they can die.  Is this true ??  Also
is there anything else I should do to help Peede through these hot times ?

Thanks for any advice

Ronald (human)
Peede (ferret)
New Orleans, LA

(PS If anyone on this list lives in New Orleans, could you email me.  I
would like to meet some ferret owners.)