Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:44:17 -0700
Has anyone ever used the Pet Trainer they have in the Carol Wright
magazine that is suppose to help with your bad mannered dogs to make
them mind? My question is, since it uses a high pitch tone to get them
to mind, would this bother or hurt my fuzzies even if they are in the
other side of the house? They are separated from the dog, he is a Fox
terrier and has developed real possessiveness whenever anybody is
standing too close to each other, try's to nip and bite at who ever is
standing together and we need something to break this. It is not just
my husband & I, he acts this way with anyone that is in our house and
standing by each other, like he needs to have all the attention, he
never bites anyone, just snaps at people but it is getting worse and
time outs don't help, nor putting him in his dog crate. He is always
getting played with by us, so it isn't as if he is starved for
attention from us.

We don't let him play with the ferrets, since he weighs 22 pounds,
don't want him to step on someone and hurt them. He is real interested
in them and sometimes will bark at them and try to play with them
through the baby gate we have that separates him from their area. So
they aren't together in the same room but they are in the same house
and don't want to hurt them or make them mad and start biting me
because their ears are being hurt with us trying to train the dog to
behave.

Any advice would be muchly appreciated!! We are at our wits end, the
dog will be 6 this year and just seems to get worse about this each
year. We are on a limited budget, everything extra goes to taking care
of my 4 fur kids so this seemed like the thing to try but not if will
cause pain or damage to my fuzzies ears. My mom has a few people that
have these pet trainers and they have helped their bad mannered dogs
to mind but none of them have ferrets to worry about.

My sympathy to all who have lost babies and family members lately. You
all are in my prayers.

Thanks for any help you can give me, I am in dire need!!!!

Julie, Sammy, Sunny, Rosa & Scooter and Chance the brat dog!!