Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:35:06 +1300
I asked a few days ago about other ways of paying money in toward the
Aleutians research, and have since received permission from Vickie
McKimmey to post her response here.

 ------

Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>

>Do donations need to be in cheque form?  How about credit card or cash
>donations?  Is it possible to send direct to Dr Karen?  I feel that people
>who are in close proximity to her may find that easier and safer than
>sending via mail to the Pamela Slack Memorial Fund.

The grant fund can accept credit card donos.  Also, by going through the
fund a group of ferret folks will be overseeing the research to be sure we
are getting the most for our dollar.  By just giving it to Karen doesn't
necessarily mean it will be to our benefit.

If still interested, please email jim in the office at
[log in to unmask] to see how he wants to handle the cc
transaction.  He can give you his direct phone number to do it over the
phone or his fax number to fax in the info.

Thanks for your interest!

Vickie

 ------

Contributions go to:

The Pamela Slack Memorial Fund.
c/o American Ferret Association
PO Box 255
Crownsville, MD 21032-0255
ATTN: ADV Research Fund

In subsequent emails, I was informed that any donations made direct to the
researching vet *if tagged* will be used for the research.  However, I have
since learned that Dr Karen Rosenthal may not be working on the Aleutians
research after all, concentrating instead on Adrenal and Insulinoma.  I
would be interested in knowing when a new prospective researcher is found
for Aleutians.

Sam

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

If everyone got together ferrets would be treated fairly.
http://www.ferretfans.net