Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:03:34 -0500
Hi everyone

I have found all your postings helpful and entertaining.  This is my
first post and hope someone can help me.  My family has had our
one-year-old male sable, Frodo, since he was a kit and we are totally in
love with him.  He is friendly, gentle, playful, and behaves very well in
all ways but one... He is tearing up the inside of my couch!  We let him
roam the house and do a pretty good job keeping an eye on him, but once
our backs are turned he's gone into his hiding place (the inside of my
couch and cushions!!!) and won't come out until he's good and ready.
I've tried the bitter apple, and it works at first but it doesn't deter
him from trying later on.  I also do the scruff when I catch him in the
act, but once again it doesn't help later.  Has anyone else had this
problem and if so how did you handle it?

Any help appreciated!
Alissa