From:
Ferrets at Heart -- Ask A Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 07:44:05 -0400
Ferrets at Heart is moving to the western mountains of North Carolina,
on the border with Georgia. This change has to do with drastic
upheavals in the shelter operator's personal life. Because we are under
ECE quarantine, this alteration in circumstance is more acceptable in
that we do not have intakes and adoptables coming in and out, making
coordination a bit more simple. However, moving the location of a
rescue is never an easy task. We ask your support in assuring roomy
air-conditioned vehicles and extra funds for gas. Also, any spare
ferret supplies. We'll be making one last trip to the vet before
departure. If you want to specify your donation for the vet and not
the trip, we will honor your request.

Needs:

Funds for extra vehicle and gas
Funds for vet
Play pen fencing
Water bottles
Marshall Furo-Tone
Treats
Tunnels and other play items
Names of ferret vets along our route
Ferret surgeon in north GA or western NC

Just in case we encounter a ferret emergency along our 600-mile
journey, we would appreciate anyone who has knowledge of a ferret vet
near HWY I-75 from Cincinnati to Knoxville -- A small section of our
path -- to share the name and location with us. We are still searching
for a ferret surgeon in north GA or western NC, though we have our
general practitioner who can handle everything else but surgeries in
our new town.

For donations, please PayPal to [log in to unmask] or send a
check made payable to our treasurer and mail to the NC address below.
For boxes of physical goods, use the NC address below; this will be
Ferrets at Heart's new location.

Joyce Cabe
53 Green Vale LN
Franklin, NC 28734

We anticipate that any relocation of the ferrets at this juncture will
cause all of them to begin shedding the ECE virus once more. Because of
that, know that we are taking precautions to minimize our contact with
the general public, and the people who are helping us to move have been
made aware of the severity of this disease. We are prepared for any
relapses. Thank you to everyone who helped us through the ECE the first
round and made us aware of all future problems the virus can/will be.
We absolutely refuse to take any chance that these ferrets will come
into even second or third-hand contact with an uninfected ferret.

No matter the whys, personally, I'm taking all this as a "message" to
stop for awhile and concentrate on the special needs ferrets we have
and our special needs cats. I will give my mother so much of me as
she goes through radiation and chemo again to postpone the ending of
her life's story, that it is a blessing in disguise not to worry about
intakes and adoptions. I will put time in on my own health problems
to which I've not been able to attend these last months with any
consistency. Sometimes, quarantine is a way to make you reevaluate.
I love the rescue business and do not plan to stop after the virus
has left us, but I've been given time by it's intrusion to rest and
organize my stress. I have more time for those all-important ferret
cuddles, and I need them right now.

With respect,

Lori of Ferrets at Heart
http://ferretsatheart.com/