Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:09:07 -0800
Our vet received implants finally, and we have a ferret (the one who
was paralyzed!) who has already had 2 adrenal surgeries. So far after
her surgery we have had no instances of swollen vulva or hair loss.
He could only remove 90% of the tumor the last time.

My question is - on Des, can the tumor still grow but the symptoms be
masked? I don't want to get the implant, only to think everything is
going well, and then the adrenal gland ends up growing large but I
have no clue. Does it work that way (as it does with melatonin)? Does
everyone who uses Des get ultrasounds for their ferrets to check the
growth? Or will you pretty much see the symptoms if the Des stops
working? (I hope that makes sense).