From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:10:59 EST
See ya at the ROUND - UP

Welcome all to the 10th Annual Ferrets Anonymous Round-Up.  It is the one
time each year when California ferret lovers can gather from all over the
state to meet with other ferret lovers and discuss issues facing all of
us.  Come and see your old friends and make some new friends, talk shop,
share stories, buy ferret goodies from Ferretware and Ferrets Anonymous
and who knows who else, bid on silent auction items, buy raffle tickets,
learn more about your favorite pet, make your voice heard and have a
fantastic time.

The doors will open at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, March 22nd, 2003 at the
Pasadena Humane Society, 361 S. Raymond, Pasadena, CA.  Come early to
shop, talk and bid!  The cost is only $5 per person and you will receive
a raffle ticket for a door prize.  This is a POT LUCK LUNCH, so be sure
and bring something to be shared with everyone.  There is a Smart and
Final at Fair Oaks and the 210 freeway in case you need to pick something
up.  They have great salads, desserts, rolls, chips and dip.  There is a
microwave at the Humane Society, but there is only one.  Get creative,
order pizza, chicken, oriental food, whatever.  You bring it and we will
eat it.

Our first speakers will also be speaking at the 2003 International Ferret
Symposium in Atlanta, Georgia in October.  If you don't think you will
make that event, make sure and catch Marylou Zarbock and Melissa Kauffman
from FERRET Magazine at the Round-Up.  Did you see the two page spread in
the March/April issue of FERRETS of the Doo Dah parade?  Pretty cool.
The topic of our first speakers is "Behind the Scenes at Ferret's
Magazine."

Our second speaker is Renate Andrasevits Reed.  Renate specializes in
animal communication and has over 20 years experience in this area.
Please visit her website at www.windwalkeronline.com.  Renate has a
quarterly newsletter covering animal communication training and holistic
health.

Our third speaker will be Dr. Bronwyn Dawson, DVM from Dr. Domotors
Animal House.  Dr. Dawson will answer questions that you may have about
your beloved pets.  So if you have a question that only an experienced
ferret vet can answer, write it down and bring it with you.

Have any cute, adorable, wonderful pictures at home that you are just
dying to share with others.  Please bring them and share with us.  Enter
them in the photo contest and see them in The FerretPaw Print during the
next year.

Have anything that you would like to donate for the silent auction?
Bring the items with you Saturday morning.  Have items that your ferret
no longer wants; donate them to the ferret rummage sale.  Space will be
limited, so if you have large items, like a cage, please call Claudia and
let her know.  Do you have items you want to sell?  Then you are a vendor
and we will need to know to make sure there is a table available.  The
vendor tables will be out doors and hopefully the weather will be
wonderful.

Our fourth speaker will Claudia T, President of Ferrets Anonymous.  We
will have our annual business meeting and election of officers.  At the
end of the day, we will announce the winners of the photo contest and
silent auction.  Cleanup, pack-up and for those who want to, go out to
eat in small or large groups to continue talking ferret.  I know there is
a group coming from up north, so maybe even a slumber party could be in
the making!  All I know, is it is going to be a fun day, please join us.
Be sure and bring something for us to eat, a friend, money, pictures and
time to spend with other ferret lovers.  See you all there.