From:
Tami Torrance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:00:24 EST
Hello and thanks for everyone's help......when we love our ferts...we
really love our ferts:) I have had a great response from potential
adoptive families, here in northern Iowa.

"Homey" the up for adoption ferret, is now staying with us, as a foster.
I spoke with his owner and he explained that Homey needed to leave his
apartment A.S.AP. due to the fact, his "new" girlfriend hates ferrets.
(Wouldn't we all like a girlfriend-boyfriend cloned like that?
terrible--- get rid of the girlfriend!) So in turn, my ferret loving side
said, bring him over and he can be loved here, until we find a forever
home!

Homey, has been here for 24 hours and is terrific.  He is a high strug
ferret, very full of energy.  I was surprised initally of his size...very
large.  I am so used to my petite ferret girls.  He has a gigantic head
and is different looking.  His hair is very short and wirey, he is a pure
white with specks of black.  He has black or dark brown eyes.  kind of a
mix between a sable and albino.  temperment is terirfic..he gets along
with the other ferrets, like they have always been friends.  He loves the
kids.,has not bitten at all!  He uses the litter boxes -almost-all the
time.  (fert's aren't perfect..) He did fine getting his terrible, long
nails cut, hated his ears cleaned, really hated his teeth brushed, loved
to be brushed.  when he hates something, he is loud....very loud.  He
really cries and squeaks.  My girls are quiet and seldomly even hiss at
eachother.  Homey, is possibly deaf...we have really been testing him
with noises...( maybe it is the male trait...selective hearing, tee hee--
no, I am not a male basher:):):)

If you are still interested in the mega big boy....please, email me for
the adoption application and we will go though all the app's and decide
what is best for him.

I also have a few photos of the big 'ole -Homey man....email me for them
if you would like to see him!

Thanks, to this wonderful list...you all really have great advice and
thoughts:)

Tami from Iowa....
Wife to Greg.....human mommy to: Sloane (almost a teenager:()
Kennidea(9), Carson(5)

Fert mommy to: Izzy, Gabby and Annie...and big ole Homey for a little
while....

Canine mommy to: D.J.  the husky and shaggy the German shorthaired
pointer....

Feline mommy to: Conway Fat Cat and Phobe Black Cat....

Sadly missing: Clyde the cat and Gog the guinea pig, this first Christmas
season without them:(