From:
"Joseph Van Fenstermaker, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 22:15:02 -0500
I just caught up on several back issues.  Our hearts go out to all of you
who've lost a friend lately.  On January 4th, we had to put our friend
Snickers to sleep.  He had been battling adrenal tumors and an enlarged
spleen.  We were lucky to have him around 51/2 years with the health problems
he had.  He just couldn't walk anymore.  I wish he had gone in his sleep here
versus having to take him to the vet.  Anyway, after he departed, Molly, our
41/2 year old female got a lonely.  Last week we bought a chocolate ferret
and named her Mindy.  It took them a few days, but now both of them get along
fine. My wife and I are both happier now also.  We miss Snickers but we know
he's somewhere in the great beyond tipping cows with his brothers and
sisters.  He gave us both more love than many humans are capable of.  Always
give love to your furry friends.

Karen, Van, Molly, & Mindy