From:
Claire Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:11:53 -0400
Hi all - Bob Church gave several good answers to this question:

>Q: I want to use freestanding hammocks for my free-roaming ferrets,
>but my wife doesn't want wooden boxes throughout the house.  Any other
>ideas?

And here's another way to do it, no construction required:

Get a "stacking shelf" from Home Depot or other store that has closet
supplies.  The large one is 12x18, big enough for a hammock from x-tasy
etc. (FerretWise).  The top is mesh, and I normally keep a small rug
on it.

Speaking of wooden boxes, I've got a toy box that I converted to a
nesting box.  It has sides that hold the bottom off the floor; I cut a 4"
hole in the bottom and put a removable shelf inside.  It sits under my
desk, with the stacking shelf holdng the hammock next to it, so the kids
can get to the top of the box using the stacking shelf as a step.

I've got a photo if my description is confusing.

-Claire