From:
Elizabeth Ogundipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:42:26 -0800
It's me again, Lisa.  I happened upon your venting about poor gene
pool/early spay neuter and lo and behold it was Lisa from Mass.  I'm
Liz from Mass and you hit it girl!  I have 5 fuzzmuffins and right now
one is under the weather.  I have been reading everything about health
issues and came back to the same conclusion.  One of my fuzzies is deaf.
Sweet as pie.  That's that gene pool.  I was really wondering about the
early spay issue in reviewing the many problems with adrenal disease.
Going thru the "change" myself I see the delicate balance of hormones and
the endocrine system.  I certainly want to support responsible pethood
with spaying/neutering, but when is it reasonable?  Just one piece of
the puzzle to think about.

Liz