From:
daoine o' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:54:44 -0700
Hi all,

Just to clarify and continue Lisa's post from yesterday:

I just spoke with Jennifer at the Dumb Friends League (www.ddfl.org) in
Denver (where I live).  They *are* a 'no-kill' shelter (though in certain
circumstances they are forced to euthanize certain animals, I know this
and she confirmed that).  HOWEVER, she went on to say that as a rule they
do *not* euthanize ferrets, they have plenty of room for them and it's
not a problem for them to get adopted.  As a matter of fact, by the time
I spoke with her, all 5 mentioned in yesterday's post had been adopted
(probably due to Lisa's post--yay!!!).  Since Randy and Gloria Horton
(of Especially Ferrets) have had to scale back their operation so
dramatically, Jennifer did say the DFL has seen an increase in ferrets
coming to them, which is sad.  :(

In closing, I'll reiterate that all 5 have been adopted, and any more
that come in to DFL are safe!  But as a reminder to anyone who is looking
to adopt, remember the holiday season is upon us, and there will be many
misguided people purchasing 'gift' ferrets that will no doubt end up in
*all* shelters, and not just here in Denver!

Best wishes to all and their fuzzies!

Sherrie  (aka Daoine O')
*the ferret queen*
Dweezil, Loki, and Razzle