Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 00:26:57 -0800
Here's the thing:

Yes, there is a paypal link to donate. There are 3 affadavits.

I brought charges against 2 girls who starved their ferrets for three
weeks.

What I did was get evidence (which Mfran has). I got witnesses and
pictures, video, and brought my case to the Animal Control.

Has this been done? What steps have been taken? Has ANYONE brought
this to Animal Control? I am not saying that no one has, I just
haven't seen what has been done, anywhere on the website. I don't
read enough mailing lists to know or be up on the investigation or
the charges.

It didn't cost me a penny to bring charges against the girls. With
enough evidence, the animal shelter didn't want to comply or
investigate, but I called the Prosecuting Attorney of my county in
Michigan and talked to a screening attorney. She said to call the
shelter director, drop HER name, and just keep trying. I would have
kept going even if I had to ambush the main guy himself at the
prosecuting attorney's office.

So, he took on the case and prosecuted.

What is stopping Ohio from doing this? Fish and Game isn't the way to
go; this is basic animal cruelty. It doesn't matter about licenses and
all that. If Fish and Game comes out, that's great, complain to them
too. But if the water's frozen, that defeats all purpose of water being
available. Doesn't water and food need to be furnished to all things
constantly? I thought that was a basic of the cruelty law.

It's right there in Ohio law: "deprive one of necessary sustenance".
"access to shelter from wind, rain, snow"

It' s also interesting, to call Fish and Game of Ohio (or is it the
DNR?) and ask them what a ferret is considered, even thought when it
comes down to it, it doesn't matter. Are they a companion animal, or
livestock?

So...what has been done?

Laryssa