From:
Matt Ouimette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:49:57 -0700
Well, I've been rather quiet of late, but I'm not dead!  really!  This last
year has been rather...  hectic for myself and a number of fuzzies as well.

The MAIN reason I'm posting today is to ask if anyone affiliated with a
ferret club in Las Vegas or even better, Reno, could send me some
information?  I have a good friend who's parents found a ferret in Reno, (It
wandered into their house and started looking around) And they were going to
keep it.  they fell madly in love with it, and were disappointed when the
real owner appeared!  They were SO taken by the ferret that after they
returned it to the rightful owner, they went out and bought themselves a
kit. :) Now I would like to try and get them some information about local
clubs, so that they can raise the little monster properly.  :)

As for me and MY fuzzies, the story so far:

In January I packed up all I could fit into my (small!) car and drove
from Salt Lake City, Utah to San Francisco, California.  I was going to
start a new life in the wonderful world of computers!  My two ferrets
were left in the care of my family (I nearly had to kill them to get the
ferrets BACK later..), and most everything else I owned was put into
storage until I had settled in and could afford to come back for it.

3 months later, I managed to get my ferrets smuggled to me by a good
friend, to the small room I was living in, just behind the office where I
worked  (Yes, living and working at the office, joy!)

9 months after moving to California, I still had not been PAID for my
work  (Advice, never work for a start-up company, no matter how tempting..:)
But I was getting lots of experience anyway. :)

Meanwhile, The Utah Ferret Association (I used to be the president, but
when I left the state, I sort of had to give that up. :) Was having some
problems.  It seems that the shelter director had gotten about $2,000.00
from the adoption fees of shelter ferrets, donations, and other things -
and wasn't  returning any of it to the veterinarian who did spayings, or
to the UFA funds either..  That problem is still up in the air, but it
wasn't good news for the hard-working Utah ferret owners, who had all put
a lot of time and work into the UFA, and the legalization of their
companion fuzzies in the state.  *sigh*

2 months ago, I had finally had enough, and I started looking for PAYING
work. - Work came quickly, and I had a temporary contract.  Money!  food!
(I had to wear a TIE though, ugh!)

One month ago, I got a call from another contracting agency - They asked
me if I was free for a contract, and I told them that I was currently
workin a contract, and didn't want to leave till it expired, I was loyal
to my contracts.  The voice on the phone said 'well, who WOULD you leave
this contract for?'  I replied that, with the exception of Netscape, I
couldn't think of anyone who would be able to lure me away from a
contract I'd agreed to.  The voice on the line started laughing!

So now I work for Netscape, the job of my dreams.  In the last month I've
gotten myself a REAL apartment, started to pay off bills, and settled in.
Yesterday I rented a truck and bought plane tickets back to Utah, to go
back and FINALLY get my stuff!

So things are looking up for myself, my ferrets have more room, and I'll
soon be ready to deal with ferret issues again. :)

(Speaking of which, BIG - I need to switch my the address the FML is sent
to from [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask] - THIS time it won't be changing
though, I registered kawaii.com as my own domain. :)
[Moderator's note:  And now you're posting from ZOOM.COM... sigh, you've
got as many email addresses as I have!  BIG]

To reiterate, I would love to hear from anyone in Reno/Las Vegas, So I
can get some more info  to these new ferret owners. :)

I may be posting more in furture, now that I have a life again - have
fun, ferret owners!

You Know Your Ferret Is Spoiled When :

At least two corners of your room, AND the closet, are set aside for the
ferret's stuff, so they can hide their treasures wherever they want.

Matt "I put the FUN in 'DisFUNctional'!" Ouimette