From:
Margaret M Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 22:36:29 +0000
Hi Ya'll,

Thought after posting awhile back about steam cleaners I had better issue a
warning.

I'll start at the begining.  A couple of weeks ago I found this enormous
white rubber washer in the farts room.  Hadn't been chewed, and it didn't
look at all familiar.  I put it in the window sill in the kitchen and
pondered it's use.

Last Sunday, my regular steam cleaning day, I pulled out all the furniture
to the farts room and did what I thought was a bang up job.  Except for one
small problem, the carpet was soaking wet.  I kept going back over it to get
the water up but it just wasn't doing to well.  I gave up, rinsed out the
water containers and sat them out to dry overnight.  Next day carpet was
finally dried, put their room back together and went to put up the steam
cleaner.

That's when I noticed that the washer was exactly the same size as the
uptake tube on the collection tank!!  I had been sucking up the water with
only about half of it making it into the tank!!  I can't believe it!!

So today, yet another steam cleaning day, and I remove the collection tank
*and* it's washer at the same time.  I know who the culprit must be, since
the space is so small.  Miss Stella is the only one small enough to get her
head down there.  She is by far the smartest and the fastest and the
sweetest.  Oh well, I am, after all just a stupid human.

3M and the Mid Missouri Maniac Mob led by Miss Stella