From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:52:09 -0700
Dear Collective,

Now that the winter is coming to an end and wood stove pellets seem to be
becoming an endangered species many of us are stocking up hundreds of
pounds.  My wife and I went around to many hardware stores last weekend
frantically trying to find enough to make it through the winter.  It turns
out that our local ACE hardware store will carry/order pellets for us
throughout the summer ensuring that we have a steady supply.  More
importantly, a supply doesn't need to be piled in our living room.  If
you have an ACE near you, I suggest that you talk with the manager about a
summer purchases.  The bags are a bit more expensive--I think I was paying
$2.70/40# bag at Home Depot--ACE charges $5/40# bag.  For me, spending an
extra $10 or so on pellets for the summer is worth not having them piled up
all over my already overcrowed apartment.

Cheers!
Matthew in CO.

"We have to work in the theatre of our own time,
with the tools of our own time" --Robert Edmond Jones