From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 02:56:25 -0600
Wumpus, my ferret, almost never bites, but when she does it's almost always
the back of my wrist.  I couldn't figure it out until I tried putting myself
in the ferret's place.  The human arm is roughtly ferret shaped.  If you
think of your arm as a ferret, the back of your wrist is where the back of
the "neck" should be.  She was playing dominance games!  So the next few
times she tried it, I simply did scruffed her pretty good and made a shrill
noise at her.  After three scruffings, she no longer bites at all, (except
the occasional love nip with no pressure, which is just cute.)  Maybe this
will shed some light

Bear