Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 11:34:12 EDT
Hi all,  AGEDOG1 here,  haven't posted in a while so I thought 1st I will
update you on Mary Ann Staffire.

1.  Sue helped Mary Ann complete her thank you cards.  Sue wrote them and
Mary Ann signed them.

2.  Mary Ann is doing a little better every day.  She has not decided
whether she will rebuild in the same location or not.

3.  Yesterday March 7th Mary Ann received a big box of cloths and they all
FIT!

Other Stuff.

Ferret Friends Disaster Response if finally in WATCH status.  Since we
haven't been in WATCH status for over three months it is good to get back
there.

Ferret Friends of Indian River County does have a few Ferret Angels left.

Something you may not know.  The Ferret Friends of Indian River County
Ferret Shelter (FFIRC - FS) is a testing facility for various Ferret
Products (we have been since 1992).  All products to be test must be
approved first by the FFIRC-FS Veterinarian.  We have tested over 30
products in the last 6 years - only 10 have consistently passed.  The 20
others were O.K.  but we could not in good faith recommend them as we found
problems from the items not being affordable to the average ferret owner
to - could be dangerous - so product was rejected and company presenting
product was ask to resubmit product when changes were made.  We have tested
everything from herbal health products to throw away potty box's.

Some of the products tested and approved for recommendation

Food:  Totally Ferret
       Wysong Feline Nuture
Herbal:  Timmy's Tonic  (this was wonderful - we use it constantly here)
         Bach's Rescue Remedy (drops) (In use at this shelter since 1992)
Cage things:
Tents:  By Alicia Drakiotes (in use since 1995)
Cages:  K.W. Cages (cages from California "of all places")  far surpassed
        other cages we were asked to tested.

Other items that have been tested and approved mostly fall into the Disaster
Response Items - If you want the name of those E-Mail me.

More "STUFF"

In the last 3 months I have noticed lots of what everyone calles "Flaming"
here on the FML.  Surely this can't be good for our ferrets.  If we want to
say something negative about someone - why don't we call them on the
telephone and discuss it?  It's does seem awfully rude to post negative
things about people on a Mailing List.

Well that's all for now.  Except one thing.  I apologize to anyone I have
not responded to by Either E-Mail or Letter.  There is really no excuse and
I will do my best to respond to my E-mail or Snail Mail.

Your Ferret Friend

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International