From:
Derek & Amy Flemming - Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:37:51 -0400
>How's the long arm of the law in the state of Michigan going to do all
>these ugly things to me?  Extradition?

They probably won't do anything - and if you *really* read my post you
would have seen that I stated that IT WOULD NOT BE PUSHED.

But - it is still a type of a contract . . . should contracts be broken
if you don't live in the same state as where the contract was written?

People *really* need to find out the laws about ferrets before they adopt
them and from what source.  I *have* held people to my contracts - and
won - even if they were not from the same state.

And if you think AZ is out of reach - you are wrong.  A friend had two
ferrets not delivered to her, had the person wo was delivering them RE-SELL
the ferrets.  THAT is a USDA issue - subpart F, section 2.60 - and and the
USDA *will* hunt that person down.  The person that committed that crime is
lucky as the woman who had her ferrets stolen didn't push charges due to
the hassel .  .  .

Amy Flemming

Flemming Farms - Michigan, USA
Breeding for Quality Ferrets
American, Australian, German, and New Zealand bloodlines =20
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521

Weasel Watchers Ferret Rescue - Michigan, USA
Helping Needy Weasels
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/zoo/2690

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism"