From:
"Jeffrey Veiss (CTG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:50:33 -0400
I have a wonderful little ferret named Mary who's about 3 years old.  Last
year about this time, she had her left side adrenal gland (the easy one)
removed because of a tumor.  Unfortunately, it looks like she's going to
need to have the other removed as well.

I'd like to implore those of you who have gone through this experience of a
ferret having both adrenal glands removed.  Any information would be
helpful, but some of my questions include:

 o What kind of short term and long term care is required following the
   surgery?

 o Has any vet been able to get ALL the gland/tumor cells out for the
   more difficult right side adrenal?  My vet would be very interested
   in talking to this vet since she's only known of being able to remove
   about 3/4 of the cells because they surround the Vena Cava.  She'd
   also be interested in any other methods in removing the right side.

 o How does the recovery compare to that of a ferret who only had one
   side out successfully?  (I had a previous ferret that had the left
   side removed and is now an extremely happy and healthy bundle of
   energy!)

 o What was the average cost of having the right side removed?

Thank you very much!

Jeffrey Veiss ([log in to unmask])                 PO Box 5200
Network Engineer                            Princeton, NJ 08543-5200
Corporate Telecommunications                (609) 419-6141
Bristol-Myers Squibb, Inc.                  (609) 419-7110 (fax)