From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:35:13 -0500
The FML was the very first list I joined when I first got Internet
access at work. I guess it was probably around 1994-95. I have had at
least four email addresses during that time, starting with my work
email (I had no home computer). FYI, the second list I joined was the
long-gone Ferret Adrenal-Insulinoma Mailing List (FAIML). Remember
that? I have enjoyed the FML over the years. Even though it has its ups
and downs, I can't imagine it not being here. Many lists have come and
gone, but the FML has always been there for me. After being completely
on my own with my first ferrets, other than some questionable books at
the pet store, I can truly say that the FML was my main souce for
ferret knowledge in my early years of ferret ownership. I believe the
FML was much more educational then. It has really changed over the
years, mainly because there are so many other sources of information
out there now.

I attended the final night/dinner of the 10th anniversary FML party at
Disney World in 1998, or maybe early 1999 (I think it was in January or
February). I met a lot of people there and enjoyed putting faces with
names. I never saw any photos from that get-together and wonder if
anyone still has any. I would love to see them. Think how young we all
will look in them! Some of the people I met there are still around, and
many aren't.

Thank you Bill for all that you do. I think it's amazing that you get
the FML out every day, rain or shine. I think you're more dependable
than the post office! And, thank you for your level head and fairness.
I know it's a lot of work and you need to know that it's definitely
appreciated.

Katharine
Tallahassee, FL