From:
"Kikidiki (Ferretcam.Net)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:24:15 -0700
I've been reading all the posts about MF ferrets and the extra tattoo.
Someone said they were doing that because imposters are being made.  How
can I tell if I got a real MF Ferret?  I have six ferrets and only the baby
is a Marshall Farms.  I purchased her in April from Petco in Tacoma, WA.
She does not have the extra tattoo but we got paperwork with her so I am
assuming she is a MF and not an imposter.  She is not deaf but when I got
her she had ear mites terribly bad.  The store told me the babies had just
come in the day before, so must have come with them.

Also, she has a weird eating habit.  She will take a piece of food and put
it way in the back of her mouth to munch on it.  She sounds like a dog
gnawing on a bone.  You can always tell when she is at the dish because it
is so loud.  I asked the vet and he said she would probably outgrow it.
It's been 7 months, I doubt it will change.  Anyone else have a ferret
like this?

Kikidiki
www.ferretcam.net <http://www.ferretcam.net>
(the cam will be down this weekend because we are going to be painting
and fixing the window in their room, but still come visit!)